So, Braai season is upon us, it is time to pull the braai out from under the cover, clean it and get the kole of hout uit.
A few things to keep in mind when you braai:
- The man must clean the braai.
- The man must assemble the fire.
- Die man moet staan en kyk dat die vuur reg brand.
- The woman must bring the man a beer sodat hy daar kan staan met die bier in een hand en die tongs in die ander hand en sy vuur bekyk.
- The woman must buy the ingredient for the slaaie en terte terwyl die man nogsteeds daar staan en sy handy work bewonder.
- The woman must make all the salads and dessert terwyl hy nogsteeds daar staan en na sy vuurtjie kyk.
- The woman must set the table, terwyl hy die vuur analyse.
- The woman must take all the kossies to the table, terwyl hy daar staan en se "nee vrou, ek dink die vuur is nog nie reg nie hoor"
- The man will decide when is the right time to put the vleis on the fire.
- The woman must always remember to ask the man at what time he will put the meat on the braai? So that he can say " ag my vrou, ek dink so halfuur nog, dan gaan ons maar braai."
- The woman must then wait for about 10 minutes, she must then go to the kitchen, put all the meat in a dish, take it to the man with the sauce and spices. The woman must bring the man another beer of Klippies en Coke met eish.
- The man will decide when he is ready to braai.
- The woman must mar just wait.
- The man then puts the meat on the braai, discussing what meat must go on first and how long it will take to cook, he will turn the meat frequently, except for the wors.
- The woman must mar just wait and keep telling him what a great job he is doing ne!!
- Ten minutes before the meat is ready, the man will ask the woman if all the food is ready coz the meat will be ready in 10 minutes.
- Rolling her eyes without him seeing it, the woman then assures the man it is, then has to wait some more.
- The man will then announce that the meat is ready and the woman will then call everybody to the table to eat.
- The man will sit down, with a big sigh and bekyk his big plate of lekker food and have a lekker groot satisfaction smile. Knowing his hard work was worth it.
- The woman will make him feel he is the king and that his cooking skills are excellent.
- Once the meal is done, the man will go sit in the lounge feeling very chuffed with himself while the woman tidies the table and thanks him for the wonderful food.
*Photo credit - H Coetzee