|Event Date||18-Aug-2017 16:00|
|Location||Etherley Farm Campsite|
DATE: 18 - 20 August 2017
VENUE: Etherley Farm, Camp Site, Etherley Hill - Dorking
Day Visitors: £5.00 per person
King of the Potjie:
Ladies and Gents, it is time for our annual Potjie Kos Competition.
This year we are going camping for the weekend.
Please book your camping AS SOON AS POSSIBLE and do not forget to put in the notes:
Please book under: "KING OF THE POTJIE"
We are all getting a field to camp together for the weekend so it will be a good one.
Bring lots of wood for camp fires and a braai.
Friday we set up camp and braai. Saturday serious potjie day!
Kids can run wild, bring balls, Frizbee's and outdoor games.
There is showers and toilets.
For more information on the camping site and booking:http://etherleyfarm.co.uk/
Please join us even if you're not entering but please let us know who will be doing a pot.
Sean will have the opportunity to defend his title as King of the Pot 2016 - You going to be there Mr Sidwell or just sending the trophee??
Potjie Kos Competition:
Entry fee is £15 per pot/team.
Potjiekos Competition criteria and judging process:
1. Each Potjie entry to have a “Team” name.
2. Fires to be started no later than 12:00(Midday)
3. All Potjies entered into the Potjie competition will be judged between 17:00 and 18:00.
4. Potjies will be judged according to several categories (please see outline below).
5. One Potjie per team - rice and accompanied dishes allowed
6. The winners and official prize giving will take place around 18:30. There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize.
7. Each team to supply their own charcoal and Braai
• Originality of recipe
• Potjie theme and décor
• Atmosphere and ambiance around the Potjie (team spirit)
• Creative presentation to judges
• Culinary taste of Potjie
• Only fresh ingredients to be used.
• Everything to be prepared (Peeled and Chopped) on site.
• The winning Team Captain to be at least half standing and able to make a small speech when presented with trophy.
• The judge’s decision will be final.
FACEBOOK EVENTS PAGE